Winter weather to impact morning commute in Hamilton
A winter weather travel advisory is in effect overnight leading into Tuesday morning.
“A band of snow will move through Southern Ontario beginning near midnight,” Environment Canada reports.
“Snow will continue overnight with total amounts of 4 to 8 cm expected by early Tuesday morning. Brief freezing rain is possible overnight.”
Residents should expect their Tuesday morning commute to be affected, as the accumulating snow and low visibility may lead to poor driving conditions. Motorists are advised to allow extra time to reach their destination.
The snow is expected to transition to rain or drizzle Tuesday morning as a warm front moves through and temperatures rise above the zero degree mark.
- Ontario extends business closures amid COVID-19 crisis
- Another Hamilton long-term care home has declared a COVID-19 outbreak
- 'It's like a bad movie,' says Hamilton mayor of provincial COVID-19 modelling
- Hamilton family gifts $3.3M to local hospitals, researchers to help battle COVID-19
- Justin Trudeau says it would be a “mistake” for the U.S. to reduce amount of medical equipment coming into Canada