Winning lottery ticket sold in Hamilton
Some lucky Hamiltonian could be walking around with a winning lottery ticket.
The winning ticket for the LOTTO 6/49 guaranteed $1 million prize draw was sold in Stoney Creek, OLG said in a press release issued Thursday (Dec. 19).
The draw took place on Wednesday (Dec. 18).
"Somebody's going to win the Guaranteed $1 Million Prize each and every draw, and this time the winning ticket was sold in Stoney Creek," said Randy Weyersberg, OLG vice-president of Brand and Marketing.
Since its launch in June 1982, Ontario LOTTO 6/49 players have won over $12.9 billion in prizes, including 1,387 jackpot wins and 309 Guaranteed $1 Million Prize draws.
Lottery players can check their numbers on the OLG Lottery App or on the Winning Numbers page on OLG.ca.
The next LOTTO 6/49 draw is a Super Draw. The Saturday (Dec. 21) LOTTO 6/49 Super Draw offers a $7 million jackpot and FIVE Guaranteed $1 Million Prize Draws. Players have until 10:30 p.m. to purchase their tickets.
- Another Hamilton long-term care home has declared a COVID-19 outbreak
- Big changes coming to HSR as they ramp up physical distancing measures
- Police searching for missing 83-year-old man from Hamilton
- Police say they are not ticketing drivers for having more than one person in a vehicle
- Ontario set to release data on how many could die of COVID-19