What's open and closed Civic Holiday Monday in Hamilton
The Civic Holiday in Hamilton falls on Monday, August 3, 2020.
This year, some things that are typically open will be closed due to the COVID-19 pandemic and there will be no major public events due to physical distancing restrictions and bans on large gatherings.
Hamilton entered Stage 3 of Ontario’s reopening plan, meaning indoor gatherings of up to 50 people are permitted and outdoor gatherings can have a maximum of 100 people.
However, physical distancing measures are still in place. People are required to stay at least six-feet metres apart from those outside of their social circles.
- Local Parks are open
- Hamilton Beaches
- Hamilton Conservation Authority areas
- Some coffee shops
- Some grocery stores and pharmacies
- Some restaurant patios
- CF Lime Ridge Mall
- Eastgate Square
- Select Beer Store locations (call ahead)
- Hamilton Waterfalls
- Hamilton Conservation areas: Dundas Peak, Spencer Gorge, Devil’s Punchbowl
- LCBO locations
- Government offices
- There will be no mail delivery
Garbage and recycling (blue box, green bin and yard waste) will be collected one day later
HSR will operate on a Sunday or holiday schedule
- Several conservation areas in Hamilton to reopen this week
- Hamilton's rail trails will reopen this weekend, conservation areas still closed
- Province officially prohibiting gatherings of five or more people
- Ontario extends emergency orders, says it will allow drive-in religious gatherings
- Ontario to allow families to expand social circles to 10 people