Weather Warning in effect for Hamilton
A heat event is expected in Hamilton.
Timing: Today through Monday. The heat event may persist into Tuesday.
Maximum temperatures today: 30 to 32 degrees Celsius (Humidex 38 to 40).
Maximum temperatures Monday: 31 to 33 degrees Celsius (Humidex 39 to 41).
Minimum overnight temperatures: 20 to 23 degrees Celsius.
Hot and humid air can also bring deteriorating air quality and can result in the Air Quality Health Index to approach the high risk category.
Extreme heat affects everyone.
The risks are greater for young children, pregnant women, older adults, people with chronic illnesses and people working or exercising outdoors.
Never leave people or pets inside a parked vehicle.
Outdoor workers should take regularly scheduled breaks in a cool place.
- 'I never won anything big before': Hamilton man wins top prize in OLG's Lottario draw
- Province places new restrictions on bars and restaurants, closes all strip clubs
- Hamilton homicide victim identified; boyfriend charged with murder
- Mohawk College in Hamilton confirms first COVID-19 case
- Here’s what’s coming to Netflix Canada in October 2020