WANTED: Hamilton Police Hunt Fugitive
Hamilton police are on the hunt for a fugitive.
A 42-year-old Hamilton man is wanted in relation to multiple offences that police say occurred between June and September of this year.
Christopher McLeod, police say, has a long criminal history that includes uttering threats, criminal harassment, theft and possession of stolen property.
Fugitive Apprehension is looking for 42-year-old Chris McLeod. There are several outstanding charges & he needs to be brought into custody. If you have info please call (905) 546-8911. https://t.co/FspyJstDXb #HamOnt pic.twitter.com/LEVyHmMnWE— Hamilton Police (@HamiltonPolice) September 19, 2019
He’s currently wanted on 26 outstanding charges for failure to comply with probation conditions, police said.
Police fear for public safety because they say his behaviour has been escalating.
McLeod is facing the following charges:
- Theft under $5000
- Possession under $5000
- Uttering Threats
- Criminal Harassment
- Fail to Comply with Probation x 26
Police warn the public that if Christopher McLeod is seen, he is not to be not approached and 911 should be called immediately.
Anyone with information is urged to call Detective Constable Scott Yuill at 905-546-8911.
To provide information anonymously call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477 or submit anonymous tips online at http://www.crimestoppershamilton.com.
- Arrest made in "random killing" of 79 year old Hamilton woman: Police
- Police identify suspect in murder of 79 year old Hamilton woman
- Two new COVID-19 outbreaks declared in Hamilton over the weekend
- Tow truck driver charged with stunt driving in Hamilton
- McMaster University says all classes for Fall 2020 term to be online