VIDEO: Police searching for sexual assault suspect in Hamilton
Police are still searching for a suspect wanted in connection with several sexual assaults.
“Detectives from the Hamilton Police Sexual Assault Unit continue to investigate recent sexual assaults and are looking to the public for their assistance in identifying the suspect,” Hamilton police said in a statement.
Police allege that on Wednesday, July 1, 2020, a woman was jogging in the Bayfront Park area when she was slapped on the bottom from behind by a male riding a bicycle in the same direction.
Police say the male did not say a word to the jogger or look back as he continued down the Bayfront Trail.
At the time of the incident, there were numerous people in the park celebrating Canada Day.
Police say they have received additional reports of similar incidents and are releasing surveillance footage taken from July 7, 2020, of the suspect.
“As parks are opening and Hamiltonians are taking advantage of the nice weather, Hamilton Police would like to remind citizens to enjoy their activities while keeping safety in mind. When possible keep a charged cellphone on hand, stay in well-lit areas and be cognizant of the people around you,” police said.
The suspect is described as a male who is approximately 40-years-old. He has a slim build and was seen wearing a blue t-shirt and shorts and riding a black bicycle.
Police are asking anyone who was in the area at the time of the July 1 incident to check their electronic devices for a male matching the description provided.
As part of regular patrols, officers will be in the area.
If you have any information that you believe could assist Police with the investigation into this crime, you are asked to contact Detective Sergeant Tammi Ewart at 905-546-4962.
- Police looking for missing 10 year old girl in Hamilton
- Road closure to take effect for two weeks due to ongoing construction in Hamilton
- Hamilton man pronounced dead after overnight motorcycle crash
- Over 1,200 hydro customers currently without power in Hamilton
- Road closed for police investigation in Hamilton
- Police appealing for witnesses to sex assault at Bayfront Park
- Hamilton Police are investigating two more sex assaults in West Hamilton
- Police investigating sexual assault against mother at Hamilton park
- Police Investigate Sexual Assault at Hamilton's Valley Park
- Police arrest suspect in connection to sex assaults in downtown Hamilton