UPDATE: Hamilton police conduct death investigation on Claremont Access, Jolley Cut reopened
Hamilton police have reopened the Jolley Cut after they announced earlier Thursday afternoon that they had to close the access, as well as the Claremont Access for an investigation.
CORRECTION: Hamilton Police are investigating a death on the Claremont Access. The DOWNBOUND lane will be closed for several hours. Please find an alternate route in #HamOnt.— Hamilton Police (@HamiltonPolice) October 24, 2019
The downbound lanes of the Claremont access remain closed for the investigation with police have confirmed is related to a death.
Police warned motorists away from the area and urged drivers to find new routes to their destinations but even with the reopening the Jolley Cut, motorists should expect some heavy traffic with the continued closure of the downbound lanes of the Claremont Access.
The upbound lane of the Claremont Access will remain closed for several hours, police say.
More to come…
- $1 million Maxmillions lotto ticket sold in Hamilton
- Rail blockade in Hamilton has been removed
- Utility company warning Hamilton residents to beware of sophisticated phone scam
- Hamilton homeowner who gunned down car thief to be tried anew
- Coming soon: Popular wine and charcuterie bar coming to Hamilton