UPDATE: Hamilton police conduct death investigation on Claremont Access, Jolley Cut reopened
Hamilton police have reopened the Jolley Cut after they announced earlier Thursday afternoon that they had to close the access, as well as the Claremont Access for an investigation.
CORRECTION: Hamilton Police are investigating a death on the Claremont Access. The DOWNBOUND lane will be closed for several hours. Please find an alternate route in #HamOnt.— Hamilton Police (@HamiltonPolice) October 24, 2019
The downbound lanes of the Claremont access remain closed for the investigation with police have confirmed is related to a death.
Police warned motorists away from the area and urged drivers to find new routes to their destinations but even with the reopening the Jolley Cut, motorists should expect some heavy traffic with the continued closure of the downbound lanes of the Claremont Access.
The upbound lane of the Claremont Access will remain closed for several hours, police say.
More to come…
- Police searching for suspect of attempted murder at park in Hamilton
- Here's what you need to know before heading out to one of Hamilton's pools
- Hamilton announces mandatory ban on outdoor water use
- Hamilton man wins massive lotto cash prize
- UPDATE: Suspect arrested for attempted murder following stabbing in Hamilton
- Hamilton police close two major Mountain access points for investigation
- Driver of abandoned car on Claremont Access ID'd, Hamilton Police seek arrest warrant
- Collision forces closure of Hamilton mountain access
- Major Hamilton mountain access to get massive upgrade
- 403 in Hamilton closed both ways for police investigation