Two charged with over 140 counts of fraud, identify theft: Hamilton police
Hamilton police arrested two individuals at a mountain residence on Thursday, Jan. 16 and laid more than 140 charges related to fraud and identity theft.
Police say the pair claimed approximately 100 victims who “suffered financial loss and have had their personal credit rating affected because of this criminal activity”.
Detectives say they began an identity theft investigation in July 2018 that led to a raid at a mountain residence in March 2019. Police reportedly seized “identifications, payment cards, and property”.
“Further investigation from that seizure resulted in a second search warrant being executed at the same residence [in Jan. 2019],” said Hamilton Police Service. “Additional property, identification, and banking information were seized.”
Bobbi-Jo Reichheld (Female, 34-years-old) of Hamilton
- Fraud over $5000 X 2
- Fraud under $5000 X 15
- Identity theft X 24
- Identity fraud X 27
- Unauthorized possession of a credit card X 1
- Possession of property obtained by crime X 5
- 71 charges laid
Joshua Virag (Male, 31-years-old) of no fixed address
- Fraud over $5000 X 1
- Fraud under $5000 X 1
- Identity theft X 17
- Identity fraud X 20
- Unauthorized possession of a credit card X 6
- Possession of counterfeit mark X 6
- Possession of property obtained by crime X 2
- Possess forged document X 12
- Fraudulent use of citizenship card X 1
- Fail to appear X 3
- Breach of recognizance X 1
- 70 charges laid
“The public is reminded that if they learn their bank account or credit card account has been compromised, to call police and file a report”, said police.
If you have any information that you believe could assist police with this investigation are asked to contact Detective Angela Abrams by calling 905-546-4603.
To provide information anonymously call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477 or submit your anonymous tips online at http://www.crimestoppershamilton.com
- Anyone caught violating the EMCPA will be fined between $750 and $1,000
- Hamilton's National Steel Car to suspend operations
- Police looking for 40-year-old man from Hamilton
- Hamilton's escarpment stairs are now closed until further notice
- VIDEO: Hamilton Paramedics give birthday surprise to 10 year old girl
- Hamilton Police arrest suspected fraudster couple at downtown hotel
- Former Hamilton Centre PC riding president facing fraud charges
- Executive director of Hamilton Sikh Society charged with fraud
- Man charged by Hamilton police in theft investigation
- Four arrested as police investigate vehicle theft ring in Hamilton