Traffic data project to shut part of major road in Hamilton for 12 days
Published November 10, 2023 at 2:00 pm
A traffic data project will close a section of a major road in the Hamilton community of Ancaster for 12 days.
The City of Hamilton said Old Dundas Road will be closed between Wilson Street East and Montgomery Drive from Monday, Nov. 13 until Friday, Nov. 24.
“Traffic data will be collected during the pilot and will be reviewed in order to inform a long-term decision on the future of the intersection,” the City wrote on the social media platform X.
The pilot reportedly addresses problems with congestion and unsafe driving.
In addition, Remembrance Day celebrations in Hamilton will lead to the following road closures on Saturday, Nov. 11:
- Downtown from 10 a.m. to noon: King, John-James and James Street, King-Robert
- Ancaster from 10 a.m. to noon: Wilson, Sulphur Springs-Halson
- Dundas from 10 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.: King, Sydenham-Peel
- Stoney Creek from 10 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.: King, Highway 8-Green
- Waterdown from 10 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.: Hamilton St, Cedar-John, 10-11:30a
Moreover, lanes will be restricted on King Street between James Street and MacNab Street on Sunday, Nov. 12 for crane works. The City said motorists can expect delays.
Click here for more on traffic disruptions and road closures.inthehammer's Editorial Standards and Policies advertising