Today expected to be the busiest day of the holidays for Pearson Airport
If you’re catching a flight today, you might find Pearson Airport a little more crowded than usual.
According to a report from the Greater Toronto Airports Authority, today is expected to have the most passenger traffic through Pearson Airport—Canada’s busiest airport.
This year, passenger traffic is up by two per cent compared to last year, Over the last 10 years, passenger traffic has been increasing year over year.
Due to the increased volume, travelers are advised to show up a little earlier than normal to account for potential delays during check-in and security checks.
However, travelers need not worry too much about having to wait for an extended period of time, as Pearson is fully staffed to account for the increase in the number of travelers.
- An update from the HWDSB
- Two Maple Leaf Foods workers at two Ontario plants test positive for COVID-19
- Cannabis retailers now permitted to provide delivery and curbside pick-up options
- Ontario reports 550 new COVID-19 cases, largest single-day increase so far
- Pedestrian in her 60s killed in downtown Hamilton
- Weather conditions resulting in flight delays and cancellations at Pearson Airport
- Multiple flights delayed at Pearson Airport due to snow
- What Happened to Terminal 2 at Pearson Airport?
- A subway connection is in the works for Pearson Airport
- Man charged after false coronavirus claim forces plane to return to Pearson Airport