Third Hamilton man charged in connection with deadly Kitchener shooting
Published October 23, 2023 at 3:25 pm
A third man from Hamilton was charged after an Aug. 13 shooting in Kitchener that left one person dead. Police called the crime “targeted” in an earlier press release.
Waterloo Regional Police Service’s Major Crime Unit said it charged a 25-year-old man from Hamilton with manslaughter on Oct. 5.
A 19-year-old from Hamilton was previously arrested and charged with manslaughter on Sept. 27.
Waterloo Regional Police didn’t identify the two men in their press releases.
Hamilton man wanted for Kitchener killing
In addition, investigators are still seeking Habiton Solomon, 20, from Hamilton on a Canada-wide warrant for second-degree murder related to the Kitchener case.
Solomon is considered armed and dangerous, according to police.
They advise the public to call 911 immediately and avoid approaching him.
Police said Solomon is 5’8”, 130 pounds, with a thin build, black hair and brown eyes.
Police said he has connections to Ottawa, Windsor, Brantford, North Bay, Huntsville and Hamilton.
More arrests and charges are expected as police continue their investigation.
Anyone with information is asked to call police at 519-570-9777 at extension 8191, or @WaterlooCrime at 1-800-222-8477. Anonymous tips can be submitted at waterloocrimestoppers.com
In previous media releases, Waterloo police said they arrived at the scene of the crime at about 10:20 p.m. after they received reports of shots fired outside a business on Aug. 13 in downtown Kitchener. They found an 18-year-old man injured with gunshot wounds in the area of Queen Street South and Charles Street. The man was later declared dead at a local hospital.
“Investigators believe this to be a targeted incident,” according to a press release.
inthehammer's Editorial Standards and Policies advertising