These are the most popular travel destinations for 2020 according to Canadians
Was one of your New Year’s resolutions to spend more time travelling in 2020?
If it was, you’re not the only one.
According to the 2020 Canadian Travel Trends Report conducted by Skyscanner, 73 per cent of Canadians plan on travelling this year, which is up from 66 per cent of Canadians who said they planned to travel in 2019.
“Canadians are planning to take the road less travelled in 2020,” Juliano Lopez, head of Research & Insights at Skyscanner, said in a news release.
“While Southeast Asia has historically been a popular destination, Canadians have an increased interest in visiting Caribbean getaways and European countries. They’re focused on destinations that could be considered off-the-beaten-path compared to crowded city squares and tourist areas,” he continued.
Additionally, according to the report, the top-five desired travel destinations among Canadians were Pointe-a-Pitre, Guadeloupe at number five; Porto, Portugal at number four; Kahului, Hawaii at number three; Malaga, Spain at number two; and the most desired travel destination for Canadians for 2020 was Fort-de-France, Martinique.
Further, the top five most valuable destinations listed by Canadians were Athens, Greece at number five; Miami, Florida at number four; Lisbon, Portugal at number three; Fort-de-France, Martinique at number two; and the number one most valuable travel destination according to Canadians was Havana Cuba.
“Whether you’re looking to make the most of your time with a weekend getaway or get the best bang for your buck on a limited budget, Skyscanner offers a comprehensive range of flight, hotel and car rental options for every traveller and budget, making it easier and more affordable than ever to plan a dream vacation,” added Lopez.
- Anyone caught violating the EMCPA will be fined between $750 and $1,000
- Hamilton's National Steel Car to suspend operations
- Police looking for 40-year-old St. Joe's patient from Hamilton
- Hamilton's escarpment stairs are now closed until further notice
- VIDEO: Hamilton Paramedics give birthday surprise to 10 year old girl
- Canadians would prefer more vacation time as opposed to a raise: survey
- Canadians concerned about number of youths vaping: poll
- Canada ranked the second most popular tourist destination for Uber users
- 36 per cent of Canadians went over budget this past holiday season: survey
- Survey finds many Canadians unaware of their rights related to air travel