These are the jobs people are least likely to leave
Do you work in the tech or health-care industry? Have you considered changing careers to a different industry?
If you answered 'yes,' you'd be in the minority; according to a recent report, most people in those fields tend to stay in those fields.
However, according to the report conducted by Indeed, many people branch out beyond their current industry when looking for a new job.
In fact, nearly half of all people looking for employment search for jobs outside their field.
Those on the higher end of the salary spectrum tend to look for work outside less frequently than those who make less.
Additionally, those who work in an industry that has an abundance of available job openings are less likely to look outside their field.
Further, those whose fields aren't as prosperous may be discouraged from looking for jobs outside their field due to a lack of confidence in landing something.
Below is the list of the 15 jobs people are least likely to move away from.
photo courtesy of Indeed
- Girl dies while horseback riding in Hamilton
- Ford's Oakville plant to build electric cars for years to come
- Top 5 places for poutine in Hamilton
- Ontario rolls out massive flu shot campaign in bid to keep hospitals from overflowing amid the COVID-19 pandemic
- Public health officials urge Canadians to limit contacts again as COVID-19 cases rise
- Half of foodservice employees laid off due to pandemic still without work: report
- Sun Life helping people on disability leave in Hamilton return to work
- Many Canadians planning to change jobs within the next two years: survey
- These are the most in-demand jobs for 2020
- New study examines the hardest jobs to fill in Canada