The wait is over: Hamilton's newest steak and seafood resto is taking resos
Hamilton has a new upscale steak and seafood restaurant downtown and it comes to us via an already well-known and loved eatery.
Victoria’s, at the corner of King Street E and Locke (the former home of Rolly Rockets), has opened their doors to the public after months of Instagram teasers.
The owners of Caro, that lovely Italian resto at the corner of Ottawa and Main, are the brains and creative force behind Victoria’s.
They announced to Hamilton back in the fall that they were opening a second restaurant in the city and since then, Victoria’s Instagram has teased local foodies with glimpses of the construction progress and lush decor.
The end result is simply luxurious with their jewel-tone colour scheme and mid-century vibe. The mix of velvety and earthy textures add to the richness of the decor. It’s gorgeous.
A few weeks ago, they started mouths watering with little snaps of kitchen action and tasting menu items.
Over the weekend, Victoria’s made the announcement that hundreds of their followers have been waiting for.
“We are live!” Victoria’s announced on their social media accounts. They also said that they are taking reservations.
The menu looks nothing short of spectacular and you can see a little of Caro’s Italian influence in Victoria’s cuisine.
They offer the standard cuts of Canadian prime beef for steak lovers and a host of other unique dishes to satisfy any craving: Wagyu Burger, Cornish Hen and the Whole Branzino to name a few.
The apps menu boasts a tartare, fresh and Rockafeller oysters, Foie Gras Torchon, Seafood Bisque and so much more.
Looking at the dessert menu will surely activate your sweet tooth with offerings like clafouti, apple beignets and tiramisu.
“Dinner the other night was off the charts!!!” wrote one Instagrammer who was lucky enough to have visited already. “Can’t wait to come back! The city is lucky to have you!”
Victoria’s will be open Tuesday-Thursday 5-10 p.m. and Saturday 5-10.30 p.m. Reservations can be made on the restaurant’s website.
Photo courtesy Victoria’s Facebook page
- Hamilton Police involved in investigation in East Hamilton, residents asked to avoid area
- Paying for parking in Hamilton just got easier (and more expensive!)
- SIU investigating shooting in Hamilton
- City of Hamilton amends bylaw to make way for more patios
- LATEST: Hamilton's Santa Claus Parade cancelled
- Owners of popular Ottawa Street eatery to open second restaurant
- Canada Goose cuts 125 staff, L Brands closing some Victoria's Secret stores
- From potato salad to fireworks: how COVID-19 disruptions affect Victoria Day
- Wendy's becomes latest restaurant to add plant-based menu option
- New Italian eatery opens in Hamilton