St. Joe's opens fourth COVID-19 testing centre in Hamilton due to rising demand
St. Joseph's Healthcare Hamilton, in partnership with Hamilton's Public Health Service, has opened another COVID-19 testing site to accommodate a significant increase in demand.
On Tuesday (Sept. 15), the local health-care provider announced that they had opened a fourth testing facility at their West 5th campus that can be accessed by appointment only.
"To quickly increase the amount of appointments available and to take on the overflow of appointment requests, a small COVID-19 testing centre will be opened at St. Joseph's Healthcare Hamilton's West 5th Campus that can be accessed by appointment only," a news release posted to St. Joe's website says.
"This location will expand to eventually take over when the Dave Andreychuk Mountain Arena Drive-through COVID-19 Testing Centre closes in mid-October."
The West 5th COVID-19 testing centre will be opening on Wednesday (Sept. 16) and the release says that the new centre will be open in the early evenings from Monday to Friday.
To access the new testing site, people who are experiencing COVID-19 symptoms or who are concerned that they may have come into contact with someone who has tested positive for the virus are asked to call their family doctor or public health to arrange for an appointment.
To date, Hamilton's COVID-19 assessment centres have completed more than 60,000 tests.
For more information getting tested for COVID-19 in Hamilton, visit public health's website.
If you are experiencing symptoms of the virus or think you might have been exposed, call public health to request an appointment to be tested at 905-974-9848 or your family doctor.
- Top 5 places for poutine in Hamilton
- Ford's Oakville plant to build electric cars for years to come
- Girl may have died trying to save her horse near Hamilton
- COVID-19: Hamilton reports another COVID-19-related death, bringing the toll to 46
- Public health officials urge Canadians to limit contacts again as COVID-19 cases rise
- Hamilton's drive-thru COVID-19 testing centre opens tomorrow
- Hamilton expands COVID-19 testing with plans to offer drive-thru option
- Pilot project aims to increase COVID-19 testing in Hamilton long-term care facilities
- Province to release detailed testing strategy, urges all residents who want a test to get tested
- New guidelines make Ontario the most accessible province for COVID-19 testing