Special weather alert now in effect for Hamilton
If you’re out and about in Hamilton today, you should exercise caution due to high winds.
Environment Canada says a special weather statement is currently in effect for Hamilton because of strong southwesterly winds that are expected to begin this afternoon (Nov. 27).
The weather agency says winds gusting to 80 km/h are expected to develop in the wake of a sharp cold front blasting across the region.
Wind gusts may approach 90 km/h this afternoon, especially in exposed areas.
Winds will veer to the west and slowly ease this evening.
Strong winds may toss loose objects or cause tree branches to break. A few power outages are also possible.
- Hamilton's National Steel Car to suspend operations
- Anyone caught violating the EMCPA will be fined between $750 and $1,000
- Police looking for 40-year-old St. Joe's patient from Hamilton
- VIDEO: Hamilton Paramedics give birthday surprise to 10 year old girl
- Hamilton's escarpment stairs are now closed until further notice