Shooting victim not cooperating with investigation, Hamilton Police say
A 21-year-old male is suffering injuries sustained by a gunshot to his abdomen during a disturbance in a downtown Hamilton apartment over the weekend.
Hamilton Police say that on Sunday (August 2), shortly after 5:00 p.m., they were dispatched to 220 Cannon St. E in to investigate reports that a man had been shot.
A resident of the building where police were responding was assisting an injured man and told police he came to their apartment asking for help shortly after hearing yelling from an apartment below.
The residents assisted the victim until Hamilton Paramedics arrived on the scene. The man was then transported to the hospital in serious condition.
Hamilton Police have confirmed the shooting occurred inside a different apartment unit and the investigation is ongoing.
Police say that the victim is not co-operating and remains in hospital in stable condition.
Anyone with information in relation to this incident is asked to contact the Central Criminal Investigative Branch Staff Sergeant Oleniuk (905)546-3833.
To provide information anonymously call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477 or submit anonymous tips online at http://www.crimestoppershamilton.com.
- 'I never won anything big before': Hamilton man wins top prize in OLG's Lottario draw
- Province places new restrictions on bars and restaurants, closes all strip clubs
- Hamilton homicide victim identified; boyfriend charged with murder
- Mohawk College in Hamilton confirms first COVID-19 case
- Here’s what’s coming to Netflix Canada in October 2020
- 'Victim not cooperating" as Hamilton Police investigate downtown stabbing
- Hamilton senior found dead in her apartment was victim of homicide: Police
- 7-year-old was 'unintended' victim of targeted shooting: Hamilton police
- Hamilton Police investigate 'targeted' shooting in Stoney Creek
- Hamilton senior robbed of purse after man forces way into apartment