Safety in Hamilton harbour subject of info session Feb. 15 at Royal Hamilton Yacht Club
Published January 31, 2024 at 11:49 am
The Royal Hamilton Yacht Club and HOPA Ports are hosting an information session for the Hamilton-Burlington boating community to help all harbour users stay safe on the water.
The free info session will be held at the yacht club (555 Bay St. N.) Wednesday, February 22 at seven p.m. and will feature presentations by the Hamilton Police and Halton Police Marine Units and the Hamilton Beach Rescue Unit.
Topics for all boat users in Hamilton Harbour include:
- Commercial Shipping and Port Overview (Hamilton-Oshawa Port Authority)
- A Captain’s Perspective of Navigating and Safety in the Harbour (Algoma Central Corporation)
- Racing and Commercial Traffic in the Harbour (Royal Hamilton Yacht Club)
- Burlington Canal and Lift Bridge (Public Service and Procurement Canada)
- Navigational Charts – Canadian Hydrographic Service (Fisheries and Oceans Canada)
- Randle Reef Update presented by Environment Canada
Space is limited so those interested are asked to RSVP at www.hamiltonport.ca/SharingOurHarbour by Feb 15.