Road closure to take effect for two weeks due to ongoing construction in Hamilton
The city is reminding residents to be aware of a lengthy road closure that will go into effect this week.
Starting this Wednesday, August 5, the downbound lanes on the Claremont Access will be reduced to one lane for approximately two weeks due to centre wall repairs.
“The lane restriction is expected to wrap up on or before Friday, August 21, weather permitting,” the city said.
“The City of Hamilton thanks residents for their patience and cooperation as we complete these important infrastructure upgrades.”
The upbound lanes, which were completely closed in July, will remain closed until November 2020 as the city continues resurfacing and the construction of the new Keddy Access Trail.
More information and updates regarding construction on the Claremont Access can be seen here.
- 'I never won anything big before': Hamilton man wins top prize in OLG's Lottario draw
- Province places new restrictions on bars and restaurants, closes all strip clubs
- Mohawk College in Hamilton confirms first COVID-19 case
- Hamilton homicide victim identified; boyfriend charged with murder
- Here’s what’s coming to Netflix Canada in October 2020
- Construction to close a couple of Central Hamilton roads for up to 6 weeks
- UPDATE: Hamilton police conduct death investigation on Claremont Access, Jolley Cut reopened
- City closing portion of major Hamilton road for bridge repairs
- Major Hamilton road reopens all lanes following construction
- Lane restrictions on this Hamilton road will affect traffic for weeks