Retired Hamilton teacher celebrates big lotto win
A Hamilton woman is planning some home improvements following a pretty big win on a scratch ticket.
Joanne Ingraudo of Stoney Creek is $75,000 richer after winning with OLG's Instant Slots.
Ingraudo, a retired teacher, said she decided to buy this ticket because it was themed like her favourite casino slot game and she was at home when she uncovered her win.
"I saw that I won and wondered - $75,000, could this be real?" she said, while at the OLG Prize Centre in Toronto to pick up her cheque.
Ingraudo brought the ticket back to the store where she bought it to have it validated.
"The cashier was so excited," she said.
The grandmother has plans for a few small renovations around her home.
"It's a good time to have the floors done in my house. Normally, I would treat myself to a trip, but I don't care to travel at the moment, so I'll wait," she said.
"This was a real shock. I can't wait to get it to the bank."
OLG is now accepting in-person prize claims by appointment only for customers with prizes of $1,000 or more who wish to claim at the OLG Prize Centre.
The winning ticket was purchased at Fortino's on Highway 8 in Stoney Creek.
- Police intervene after hundreds pack Hamilton parking lot for street racing event
- Police working to lay charges after hundreds gather in Hamilton for street racing event
- 17 Hamilton school bus routes cancelled
- Five places to go apple picking in Hamilton this Fall
- All COVID-19 cases in Hamilton schools for the week of September 14 to 19