Rain, snow and strong winds in the forecast for Hamilton
Rain, snow, and extremely strong winds are expected to be coming to Hamilton tomorrow.
According to a report from The Weather Network, temperatures will be dropping due to a Colorado low moving north that will bring precipitation as well as wind gusts as strong as 100 km/h.
“This system will intensify as it tracks into the Great Lakes region on Wednesday, bringing potentially damaging winds with gusts between 60-80+ km/h expected,” Doug Gillham, a Weather Network meteorologist, said in the report.
Additionally, wind gusts from 90 to 100 km/h are expected Wednesday afternoon.
Further, temperatures are expected to rise to the low teens throughout Wednesday, before dropping to near freezing levels by Thursday.
This winter-like weather is expected throughout the weekend as well. “During Saturday night and early Sunday, freezing rain, ice pellets and snow will develop across our region and continue into Sunday,” Gillham said.
- Police identify suspect in murder of 79 year old Hamilton woman
- Arrest made in "random killing" of 79 year old Hamilton woman: Police
- Popular American chicken joint goes international, opening new locations in Ontario
- UNSOLVED: Retired Hamilton schoolteacher found brutally murdered
- Province to release detailed testing strategy, urges all residents who want a test to get tested