Province Announces Plans to Repair Major Roads and Bridges
Some improvements could be coming to the roads and bridges in Hamilton.
Applications are now open for the next round of the Province’s Connecting Links program for new projects starting in spring 2020.
Connecting links are municipal roads or bridges that connect two ends of a provincial highway through a community or to a border crossing.
Through the Connecting Links program, Ontario helps municipalities repair designated roadways and bridges that connect two ends of a provincial highway through a community or to a border crossing.
“We will continue to invest in municipal roads and bridges to keep families safe and support jobs and growth in local communities,” said Transportation Minister Caroline Mulroney. “These municipal roads and bridges are vital links that help connect people to jobs and make Ontario a more attractive place to invest and start or expand a business.”
Currently, there are 352 kilometres of connecting links, with 70 bridges in 77 Ontario municipalities.
The province provided $30 million in 2019-20 to support Connecting Links projects across Ontario.
The funding covers up to 90 per cent of eligible project costs, to a maximum of $3 million.
Eligible costs include the design, construction, renewal, rehabilitation, and replacement of municipal roads and bridges that run through communities and connect to provincial highways.
What are your thoughts on roads and bridges being repaired in the city?
- Hamilton Police look to identify suspects in SUV arson
- Hamilton's Levy wins Emmy for Schitt's Creek
- Police working to lay charges after hundreds gather in Hamilton for street racing event
- Police intervene after hundreds pack Hamilton parking lot for street racing event
- 17 Hamilton school bus routes cancelled
- Ontario provides additional funding to support municipalities and urban Indigenous community partners
- Ontario government proposes plan for growth, renewal and economic recovery
- Ontario's historic agreement delivering up to $4 billion to support municipalities and transit
- All Roads Reopened in Connection to Social Event in Hamilton
- Province pledges to provide more funding to Francophone communities