Protester arrested for assault at Hamilton City Hall
Police have made an arrest following a recent incident of assault.
Officers were at City Hall on Saturday morning, December 7, to monitor a protest between Yellow Vest and anti-hate supporters.
“Citizens supporting each of the groups have been protesting weekly in front of City Hall,” police say.
Police allege that a 51 year old male suffered an assault during the protest and sustained minor injuries.
He was initially treated at the scene and then taken to hospital, from which he has since been released.
“It is believed that a dispute over the removal of signage was a factor in the assault.”
53 year old Hamilton woman Rebecca Long was arrested and charged with assault.
Long was released on a Promise to Appear and is scheduled to appear in court on January 7, 2020.
- Police identify suspect in murder of 79 year old Hamilton woman
- Arrest made in "random killing" of 79 year old Hamilton woman: Police
- Popular American chicken joint goes international, opening new locations in Ontario
- 5 Best running trails near Hamilton
- Province to release detailed testing strategy, urges all residents who want a test to get tested
- Hamilton man arrested in connection to assault on woman in north end: Police
- Teens charged in relation to assault outside Hamilton mall
- Four teens arrested for assault against fellow student in Hamilton
- Man arrested following robbery and assault incident in Hamilton
- Hamilton Police investigating death of 14-year-old boy following serious assault