Portion of Ottawa Street to close this week for construction
The city of Hamilton announced Monday (Dec. 2) that a portion of Ottawa Street North will be closed starting Tuesday morning for the remainder of the week.
To allow for CN Rail to complete rail crossing repairs, the city said in a tweet sent Monday afternoon, Ottawa Street, from Burlington Street East to the east leg of Beach Road will be closed beginning Tuesday at 7 a.m.
To allow CN Rail to complete railway crossing repairs, Ottawa St N. will be closed between Burlington St. E and the east leg of Beach Rd beginning on Tuesday December 4 at 7 a.m. until Friday evening. Motorists follow signs for detour.— City of Hamilton (@cityofhamilton) December 2, 2019
The closure will remain in effect until Friday evening, the tweet said.
There will be a signed detour to help motorists get around the construction site.
- One man dead in double shooting in Hamilton
- Victim in fatal Burlington shooting identified as notorious Hamilton crime boss
- Hamilton grandmother to spoil grandkids with lotto winnings
- No mask, no service: City of Hamilton moving toward mandatory face coverings
- Hamilton man wins nearly $100K with Lotto 6/49
- City closing portion of major Hamilton road for bridge repairs
- Sewer repairs force lane reductions along a portion of Ottawa Street
- Watermain break in East Hamilton closes portion of Barton
- Road closed for repair work today in Hamilton
- Hamilton mountain road closure will be in effect for next two weekends