Popular Hamilton pierogi producer to open new shop
While the Kitchen Collective on King Street is losing one pretty significant member, Ancaster will soon gain a popular pierogi producer.
Pierogi Me!, a Hamilton-based food wholesaler that specializes in all things pierogies, started as a home-based business but found traction in the city and eventually moved to culinary incubator Kitchen Collective a little over three years ago.
Since then, they’ve earned a reputation for having simply scrumptious hand-made, home-made pierogies that are also available gluten-free and vegan, and let’s not forget their dessert options.
View this post on Instagram
It's beginning to look like a new kitchen!! We finally got the keys to our new place. We are very excited about this new chapter and opening this place! New products. Endless possibilities. Also we moved our gluten free production into a dedicated gluten free & nut free facility to serve you better. Check out @thebreadessentials - gluten and nut free bakery in Etobicoke which is our second home now. You can find our gluten free pierogi in their freezers as well. See you in few weeks once we are all set and ready to open the doors for you at our new store! # 8, 665 Tradewind Drive, Ancaster
Pierogi Me!’s products can be found in a number of shops and markets throughout the GTHA. They also serve up their little pouches of heaven at a number of area festivals and markets.
Because the business has seen such incredible growth, they’re moving their operation from Kitchen Collective to their own shop and massive kitchen in Ancaster.
“Finally we got keys to our place. We are very excited about this new chapter opening with this place. New products. Endless possibilities,” an Instagram post from earlier this month said.
The post says that they have also moved their gluten-free production to a gluten-free, nut-free facility in Etobicoke.
Social media is abuzz with the news of the new location and it looks like Hamilton is home to A LOT of pierogi lovers (I mean, who doesn’t love a pierogi?)
“Right round the corner from where I work..WICKED!” wrote one Facebook user.
“That’s amazing we will come to visit to get some perogies - let us know when you are open!!” was one enthusiastic Instagrammer’s reaction.
Details on when Pierogi Me! will open the doors at their new location at 665 Tradewind Dr. are scarce but the post from earlier this month says ‘in a few weeks,’ which could mean any day now.
- Hamilton Police involved in investigation in East Hamilton, residents asked to avoid area
- City of Hamilton amends bylaw to make way for more patios
- Paying for parking in Hamilton just got easier (and more expensive!)
- LATEST: Hamilton's Santa Claus Parade cancelled
- Board of Health to debate mandatory masking in Hamilton this week
- Popular vegan, gluten-free bakery settles in to new home on James North
- New trade deal raises duty-free limits for private couriers, not Canada Post
- Popular James North shop finds new home on Locke Street
- Popular Pizza Place Closes Down and Here's What's Coming in Hamilton
- TTC offering free services on New Year's Eve