Popular Hamilton BBQ Joint Sets up Shop in Farmer's Market
The Hamilton Farmer’s Market will soon be home to Saltlick Smokehouse’s second location in the city.
Setting up alongside Market hotspot, Pokeh, the new stall will be opening this week.
To celebrate the milestone, Saltlick chefs will be organizing BBQ cooking classes throughout the fall, which will include a small lunch.
View this post on Instagram
Our 2nd downtown location is almost ready to open at the @hamontmarket. You can find Saltlick at the Market beside our friends at @pokehbar Tuesdays, Thursdays, Fridays, & Saturdays. Perfect for daytime BBQ cravings, working lunches, & takeout. To celebrate the new space we've organized some BBQ cooking classes. We wanted to keep the price very reasonable and include a small lunch so everyone can come & cook with our chefs. Please check the class schedule below. We'll be booking in person at our market stall & online at saltlick.ca. Opening at the Market: Sept 10th Grand Opening: Sept 20th Kimchi Class with Chef @mikelunch222. Sept 21st, 10 am for 1hr, $20. How to make kimchi & pork belly. Includes a sample of braised pork belly on boc choy with kimchi. Sausage Class with Chef @paulthebutcher08. Oct 5th, 10am, $20, 1hr. The art of sausage making from beginning to end. Includes a sample of sausage & sauerkraut. Talking Turkey Class with Chef @big_pappy_mccartney. Oct 12th, 10am, $35, 1.5hrs Learn to smoke, deep fry, & roast turkey for a harvest feast. Cranberry sauce, champ potatoes, & stuffing. Includes a sample of all the methods & fixins mentioned. #saltlickatthemarket #hamiltonfarmersmarket #hamont … #BBQ#cookingclass#cookingclasses#farmersmarket#chef#thanksgiving#hamontfood#hamontfoodie#eatlocalhamont#eatlocal #hamonteats#chefs #toeats#torontoeats #instapic#instagood #instafood #tryitordiet#igfood#burlONeats#foodporn#smokedmeats#smokedmeat#foodshare#ilovefood
BBQ enthusiasts can learn how to make kimchi and pork belly, sausages and even how to deep fry a turkey and create a harvest feast just in time for Thanksgiving.
The Saltlick market stall will be open Tuesdays, Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays.
Saltlick’s original location on James St. N. is still open and offering their Tasting Menu Chef Mashup experiences, a Crawfish Boil on Oct. 12 and a Thanksgiving Whole Hog Lunch Buffet on Thanksgiving Monday. Check their website for prices and reservations.
- Hamilton Police look to identify suspects in SUV arson
- Hamilton's Levy wins Emmy for Schitt's Creek
- Police working to lay charges after hundreds gather in Hamilton for street racing event
- Police intervene after hundreds pack Hamilton parking lot for street racing event
- Masks now mandatory in common areas of multi-unit buildings in Hamilton
- 5 incredible places to eat in the Hamilton Farmers' Market
- Farmers' Market extends hours for the holidays
- Ontario is opening the cannabis retail market
- Some Beer Store locations will remain open in Hamilton on Thanksgiving
- Ancaster Farmers' Market to open for face-to-face shopping, but from a safe distance