Police investigating sexual assault against mother at Hamilton park
Police are appealing to the public for help as they investigate a recent sexual assault in Hamilton.
Shortly after 3:30 p.m. on Sunday, June 28, police say a mother and her four-year-old daughter visited Hampton Park in the area of Lupin Avenue and East 44th Street.
An unknown male then approached them and started a conversation with the mother.
“The male put his arm around her and attempted to kiss her,” police said. “He then picked the child up and made comments about liking women with children.”
The mother retrieved her daughter who was not physically harmed, and the male then walked away.
Police say there were several other people in the park at the time of the incident.
The suspect is described as a male in his mid 20’s, 5’9”, with a medium complexion, slim build, short black hair, and a thin beard from ear to ear. He was reportedly wearing cargo shorts and running shoes.
Witnesses and anyone with information that may assist the investigation is asked to contact police at 905-546-4962.
- Police appealing for witnesses to sex assault at Bayfront Park
- Police Investigate Sexual Assault at Hamilton's Valley Park
- Police searching for suspect of attempted murder at park in Hamilton
- Hamilton Police believed a male was assaulted, now say the injuries were self-inflicted
- Hamilton Police are investigating two more sex assaults in West Hamilton