Police investigate after remains of infant found in Lake Ontario
Police east of Toronto say homicide detectives are investigating the death of an infant.
Investigators say the infant's body was found Thursday at the shoreline of Lake Ontario in Pickering, Ont.
They said a citizen noticed the remains in the water near a trail.
Police say a coroner has attended the scene and a post-mortem will follow.
Investigators say they hope a post-mortem will shed more light on what happened.
They're asking any witnesses to get in touch with police.
- 'I never won anything big before': Hamilton man wins top prize in OLG's Lottario draw
- Province places new restrictions on bars and restaurants, closes all strip clubs
- Hamilton homicide victim identified; boyfriend charged with murder
- Mohawk College in Hamilton confirms first COVID-19 case
- Here’s what’s coming to Netflix Canada in October 2020
- UPDATE: Circumstances regarding body found in Lake Ontario not considered suspicious
- Hamilton senior found dead in her apartment was victim of homicide: Police
- Police, fire and paramedics rescuing person found in Lake Ontario in Hamilton
- Remains of woman who went missing from Hamilton in 2018 found: Police
- Body pulled from water near lift bridge: Hamilton Police