Police identify suspect in murder of 79 year old Hamilton woman
Police are obtaining an arrest warrant for the suspect of a recent homicide in downtown Hamilton.
Around 4:00 p.m. on Saturday, May 16, 79 year old Gladys Little was found dead in her apartment at 187 Park Street South.
Family members attended Little’s residence to check on her well-being, and called 911 upon finding her. She was pronounced dead at the scene.
Police say an arrest warrant for first-degree murder will be obtained on Sunday morning (May 24) for 26 year old Larissa Shingebis.
“Due to the random and violent actions of Shingebis in the murder of Gladys Little, the Hamilton Police Service have decided to release her name and photo for public safety reasons prior to the warrant being issued,” police said.
Shingebis was last seen exiting 187 Park Street South on Friday, May 15. She was wearing a red long-sleeved blouse, grey yoga pants, white socks, black casual shoes, and was wrapped in a blue knitted blanket.
“Shingebis has a transient lifestyle and is originally from the Thunder Bay area,” according to police. “Anyone seeing Shingebis should not approach her but call 911 immediately.”
Police say the victim did not know her assailant.
Anyone with information that may assist the investigation is asked to contact the Major Crime Unit at 905-546-3874.
Photo: Hamilton Police handout
- One man dead in double shooting in Hamilton
- Victim in fatal Burlington shooting identified as notorious Hamilton crime boss
- Hamilton grandmother to spoil grandkids with lotto winnings
- No mask, no service: City of Hamilton moving toward mandatory face coverings
- Hamilton mountain road closure will be in effect for next two weekends
- Arrest made in "random killing" of 79 year old Hamilton woman: Police
- Hamilton senior found dead in her apartment was victim of homicide: Police
- Police searching for suspect of attempted murder at park in Hamilton
- Hamilton man arrested in Brantford murder, one suspect outstanding: Police
- Hamilton Police issue warrant for suspect in shooting that injured 7-year-old