Police identify man killed in double shooting in Hamilton
The investigation into a fatal Friday night shooting in Hamilton is ongoing.
Around 9:25 p.m. on July 10, police say a dark coloured SUV and a blue BMW sedan were travelling southbound on the Red Hill Valley Parkway (RHVP).
While still moving, multiple shots were fired from the SUV into the sedan, striking the sedan’s driver and an occupant.
The driver, 27 year old Matar Abouchere, was pronounced dead.
“Matar was driving the vehicle at the time of the shooting and was able to bring the vehicle to a stop on the shoulder of the roadway,” police said.
The suspect vehicle fled the scene, exiting the RHVP at Greenhill Avenue.
Police say they’re still working to establish a motive behind this incident.
Anyone who was travelling on Barton Street East, the RHVP, or in the area of Greenhill Avenue around the time of the shooting is asked to contact police at 905-546-4123 with any information, dashcam or security video recordings.
- Police looking for missing 10 year old girl in Hamilton
- Road closure to take effect for two weeks due to ongoing construction in Hamilton
- Hamilton man pronounced dead after overnight motorcycle crash
- Over 1,200 hydro customers currently without power in Hamilton
- Road closed for police investigation in Hamilton
- Police searching for suspect of late night shooting in Hamilton
- UPDATE: Hamilton police seeking multiple people seen in area of fatal shooting
- Hamilton Police investigate East End shooting
- 7-year-old was 'unintended' victim of targeted shooting: Hamilton police
- Police identify victims of fatal shooting in Hamilton