Pedestrian in her 60s killed in downtown Hamilton
A woman in her 60s was killed Tuesday after being struck by a vehicle in downtown Hamilton.
The incident occurred just after 9:00 p.m. at the intersection of King St E and James North.
“Upon arrival, officers immediately secured the scene and gathered witnesses,” said Hamilton Police Service in a statement. “The pedestrian was transported to the hospital where she later succumbed to her injuries.”
The driver of the motor vehicle involved remained at the scene and is cooperating, according to police; who said the Collision Reconstruction Unit has taken over the investigation.
Police said they will not be identifying the pedestrian at this time.
Anyone with information is being asked to contact police.
- Hamilton woman killed in Binbrook car crash, police appeal for witnesses
- No charges laid in downtown Hamilton pedestrian fatality
- UPDATE: Police arrest driver who fled after hitting pedestrian in Hamilton
- Road closed after pedestrian struck in Hamilton
- 65-year-old man killed in hit-and-run: Hamilton police