Owner of stolen trike overwhelmed by outpouring of support from Hamiltonians
The owner of a stolen trike says he’s overwhelmed by the support he’s gotten from members of the community who are trying to find or replace the bike he relies on for mobility, Hamilton police say.
On November 6, 2019, Hamilton Police turned to the community for help in locating a blue Schwinn Meridian Adult Comfort Trike stolen from an underground parking garage on October 28, 2019.
You're awesome, #HamOnt! Thanks to everyone for their support in helping locate a stolen blue Schwinn Meridian Adult Comfort Trike. Our victim is overwhelmed with the community's generosity & is currently reviewing his options regarding a replacement. https://t.co/G1qrSQXNKC— Hamilton Police (@HamiltonPolice) November 8, 2019
The victim, who has mobility issues, said the loss of the trike significantly impacted his independence.
Since the release of the story, the victim has received many generous offers to replace his trike and he wants to send his appreciation.
“I would like to sincerely thank the community for the outpouring of support. It has been truly overwhelming and surprising,” Roberto said. “I think I’ll be okay now.”
Roberto is still looking to recover his bike but is reviewing his options regarding a replacement.
Hamilton Police continue to investigate and anyone who may have seen the blue tricycle or have information that can assist please contact Central Patrol Staff Sergeant at (905)546-4725.
To provide information anonymously call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477 or submit your anonymous tips online at http://www.crimestoppershamilton.com.
- Ontario to introduce bill to extend some emergency measures over the next year
- City of Hamilton amends bylaw to make way for more patios
- Paying for parking in Hamilton just got easier (and more expensive!)
- Board of Health to debate mandatory masking in Hamilton this week
- LATEST: Hamilton's Santa Claus Parade cancelled
- Hamilton man with 'limited mobility' has bike stolen
- Hamilton Police Uncover Bike Stolen in 2015 During Recent Arrest
- Many stolen bikes still waiting to be reclaimed: Hamilton Police
- Hamilton police on the look out for stolen truck and driver
- Weapons stolen in Hamilton B&E remain outstanding: Police