Owner of massive restaurant chains shutters dining rooms, halts distributions
SIR Royalty Income Fund, which has a portfolio of 60 restaurants in Canada, is suspending its distributions as it stops dine-in restaurant operations at all of its locations.
The move comes as governments ask restaurants to close dining rooms in an effort to slow the spread of COVID-19.
SIR says to the extent possible it will offer take-out and delivery services at its Jack Astor's and Scaddabush locations.
The fund says it will pay its previously declared distribution of 8.75 per unit for February, but will then temporarily stop making its regular payment to unitholders.
SIR's brands include Jack Astor's Bar and Grill, Scaddabush Italian Kitchen and Bar, and Canyon Creek.
It also includes Reds Wine Tavern, Reds Midtown Tavern, Reds Square One, and the Loose Moose.
Photo courtesy Jack Astor’s Facebook page
- Another Hamilton long-term care home has declared a COVID-19 outbreak
- Ontario extends business closures amid COVID-19 crisis
- Big changes coming to HSR as they ramp up physical distancing measures
- Justin Trudeau says it would be a “mistake” for the U.S. to reduce amount of medical equipment coming into Canada
- Police say they are not ticketing drivers for having more than one person in a vehicle
- Hamilton restaurant among Canada's top 100 restaurants in 2019
- Mandarin announces plan to close buffet and stop eat-in service
- Nearly 10 per cent of restaurants have had to close permanently due to COVID-19
- Dozens of Hamilton restaurants offering take-out and delivery options amid COVID-19 crisis
- Hamilton Eatery Among Top 50 Restaurants in Canada for Vegetarians