Ontario has begun issuing new license plates
As of February 1, the Province has begun issuing new license plates that feature a new design and one of two new slogans.
This is the first redesign for Ontario license plates in nearly four decades—the last time they were changed was in 1982.
According to the Province, the decision to modernize license plates and how they are produced will save taxpayers millions of dollars every year.
“We are renewing the licence plate and driver’s licence because it represents how we are renewing our entire approach to government,” Bill Walker, Minister of Government and Consumer Services, said in a news release from last April.
“Our government is embracing change because we recognize that the old established ways of working are no longer good enough,” he continued.
The new slogan for passenger plates is “A Place to Grow,” which is an homage to Ontario’s unofficial ‘A Place to Stand, a Place to Grow’ anthem from Expo ‘67.
The new slogan for commercial plates is ‘Open for Business,’ which references the Province’s commitment to economic growth and job creation.
“Ontario’s new passenger and commercial licence plates represent what good government is all about,” Walker said.
“We are putting people back at the centre of every decision; making Ontario a business-friendly and pro-jobs province; and protecting what matters most so we can ensure Ontario is a place to grow: a place to grow your family, a place to grow your business, and a place to grow your community,” he added.
Cover photo courtesy of @whiskeylover99’s Twitter
- An update from the HWDSB
- Hamilton up to 198 confirmed cases of COVID-19
- Two Maple Leaf Foods workers at two Ontario plants test positive for COVID-19
- Ontario reports 550 new COVID-19 cases, largest single-day increase so far
- Cannabis retailers now permitted to provide delivery and curbside pick-up options
- Provincial government addresses new Ontario license plates
- Ontario will begin distributing enhanced license plates in March
- PICK A SIDE: Should Ontario's license plates have been redesigned
- Ontario will need to recall defective licence plates, cabinet minister says
- Ontario looks into licence plate defect weeks after new decals released