One of Hamilton's first legal pot shops looks to expand to Locke Street
One of Hamilton's first legal cannabis retailers is looking to expand to trendy Locke Street South in the coming weeks.
Cabbage Brothers is looking to set up shop at 192 Locke St. S, and are currently in the process of applying to the Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario for a licence to operate at this new location.
This Hamilton-based family-owned cannabis retailer currently has one location in Dundas, which was, in fact, one of the first legal cannabis retail locations in the city.
"Cabbage Brothers is family owned and operated and we love giving back to our community," they say on their website.
"Our family has lived in and around Hamilton for generations, ever since arriving in Canada from Italy in the 1950s."
The retailer was previously known as Hello Cannabis but earlier this year underwent a rebranding to become Cabbage Brothers.
This will be the first legal marijuana retailer on Locke Street if their licence is approved.
As part of the process for opening a cannabis retail shop in Ontario and obtaining a licence, public notices are sent out to members of the community. The notices allow for a 15-day period in which residents can lodge an objection to the site.
Notices went up for the new Cabbage Bros. store recently around Locke Street and the deadline for objections is August 15.
- Popular Hamilton restaurant closed due to possible COVID-19 exposure
- 'I never won anything big before': Hamilton man wins top prize in OLG's Lottario draw
- Mohawk College in Hamilton confirms first COVID-19 case
- Province places new restrictions on bars and restaurants, closes all strip clubs
- It's been a long road, but Burger Lab opens for business in Hamilton