New Italian eatery opens in Hamilton
A new Italian eatery opened their doors Friday (Feb. 28) in Waterdown.
After months of waiting, Panino Italiano, a family-owned and operated eatery serving fresh-made traditional Italian cuisine ‘Just like Nonna makes,’ is now open for business at the Sobey’s Plaza on Dundas Street East.
The opening must come at the relief of Waterdown residents who have been watching the progress of the storefront since September.
“It has been a very long time coming,” a Panino Italiano Facebook post said Friday.
“When we first put our business out in the public, we could not have anticipated all the delays that would lie ahead of us, but here we are FINALLY being able to post that we ARE OPEN!!!”
They will be serving up hot foods like veal on a bun, lasagna, soups and more. Traditional cafe favourites like cappuccino and espresso and baked goods will warm patrons up. And when summer comes along (or, why wait?), this will surely become the go-to place for gelato lovers in the neighbourhood.>
While Panino Italiano welcomes guests to eat in or take out, they also offer delivery through DoorDash, Uber Eats and Skip the Dishes.
The eatery will be open Mondays to Saturdays and closed on Sundays.
Welcome to the neighbourhood Panino Italiano and congratulations and best of luck.
Photo courtesy Panino Italiano Facebook page
- Another Hamilton long-term care home has declared a COVID-19 outbreak
- Big changes coming to HSR as they ramp up physical distancing measures
- Police searching for missing 83-year-old man from Hamilton
- Police say they are not ticketing drivers for having more than one person in a vehicle
- Hamilton's National Steel Car to suspend operations