A New Colombian Restaurant Sets Up Shop in Hamilton
Hamilton is home to a new Colombian restaurant whose speciality is Spanish Chubbys, or arepas or gorditas, as some might know them as.
Spanish Chubbys, formerly Twist Breakfast located on King Street West near Queen Street, hosted its grand opening late last week and the menu looks pretty exciting.
There are a number of unique salads, including a tofu and green apple salad and creamy cabbage. There are seven different Chubbys on the menu as well and Colombian-inspired desserts and soups.
Social media reviews so far are gushing and it looks like the new kid on the block will have a lot of repeat customers in the coming weeks.
Twist Breakfast, known for their innovative breakfast menu, closed their doors not that long ago to make way for Spanish Chubbys which, by the looks of it, will be keeping the tradition of innovation alive.
“For Colombians and Venezuelans Arepas are the bread of the North American and European cultures,” the restaurant’s website says. “We eat Arepas for breakfast, lunch dinner and snacks or any time of the day, really!”
- Here's what you need to know before heading out to one of Hamilton's pools
- Hamilton announces mandatory ban on outdoor water use
- Police searching for suspect of attempted murder at park in Hamilton
- UPDATE: Suspect arrested for attempted murder following stabbing in Hamilton
- Hamilton man wins massive lotto cash prize