New cannabis store opening soon in Hamilton
A new licensed cannabis retailer is opening up in Upper Stoney Creek next week.
Tokyo Smoke, a Canadian design-focused cannabis retailer, will be opening their doors at 2257 Rymal Road East on Monday (Feb. 24).
This will be the first Tokyo Smoke storefront in Hamilton and it won't be the last. Plans are in the works for another location on Upper James.
This will also be the first cannabis retail location in this part of Hamilton.
The first Tokyo Smoke location in Canada opened in Toronto in 2017 and there was a swift expansion to locations across the country.
"We invite you to come and check out this ultramodern, 1,881 sq ft location for an introduction to the Tokyo Smoke brand, and an intimate, up-close look at our immersive shopping experience," a press release announcing the grand opening of the Rymal location says.
"The Tokyo Smoke Rymal store team looks forward to meeting the neighbours and creating a hub for adult recreational cannabis education and culture."
Tokyo Smoke has developed a reputation for creating an accessible and informative environment for new and experienced cannabis users. Their website provides a wealth of information on cannabis consumption and safety.
"We create a culture of warmth to empower conscious, confident cannabis shopping and consumption without stigma, intimidation or pressure," the company's website says.
To celebrate the grand opening, visitors will be treated to light refreshments and goodies and be able to speak with store staff and browse through an array of softgels, oils, edibles, vapes, and dried flower products along with a variety of accessories available for purchase.
Doors open at the Rymal location on Monday at 9 a.m. There's no word yet on when the Upper James location will be open for business.
Be sure to pack your ID because you will be required to present it at the door.
- One man dead in double shooting in Hamilton
- Victim in fatal Burlington shooting identified as notorious Hamilton crime boss
- Hamilton grandmother to spoil grandkids with lotto winnings
- No mask, no service: City of Hamilton moving toward mandatory face coverings
- Hamilton mountain road closure will be in effect for next two weekends
- History-making cannabis retailer brings the buzz to East Hamilton
- Hamiltonians can buy edible cannabis starting Monday
- Ontario is opening the cannabis retail market
- Cannabis stores warn of delivery delays, no same-day shipping and store closure
- Cannabis retailers now permitted to provide delivery and curbside pick-up options