Man found dead inside vehicle in Ancaster field: police
Hamilton Police Service (HPS) says it continues to investigate a single-vehicle collision Wednesday (Feb. 12) night.
Shortly after 8:30 p.m., HPS says a man was found dead inside a vehicle located in a field in Ancaster in the area of Book and Smith Rd.
“As a result of observations made by officers, the Major Crime Unit was called in to assist,” said Hamilton Police. “Through further investigation, police believe the death to be non-suspicious.”
“The investigation has been turned over to the Collision Reconstruction Unit and the Mountain Division Criminal Investigation Branch.”
The identity of the male was not released. A post mortem will be conducted later Thursday.
Police ask that if you have any information that you believe could assist with the investigation into this crime, you can contact Detective Sergeant Marco Del Conte 905-546-3851.
To provide information anonymously call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477 or submit your anonymous tips online at http://www.crimestoppershamilton.com
- Five places to go apple picking in Hamilton this Fall
- All COVID-19 cases in Hamilton schools for the week of September 14 to 19
- Roads shut down for police investigation in Hamilton
- 17 Hamilton school bus routes cancelled
- BREAKING: Ontario rolls back social gathering limits in response to rising COVID-19 cases
- Police investigating after man pronounced dead in vehicle collision in Hamilton
- Police Asking For Help in Hamilton Homicide Investigation
- Hamilton senior found dead in her apartment was victim of homicide: Police
- Hamilton Police investigating mountain area stabbing
- Police investigate Hamilton's 7th driver fatality of 2019