Lotto win nets Burlington family $1.1M
A Burlington family is celebrating a "life-changing" win.
Michael Sabourin, of Burlington, is now a millionaire after winning the $1,195,560.90 jackpot in the November 2, 2019, LOTTARIO draw.
Michael also won $5 on his ENCORE selection on the same ticket, bringing his total winnings to $1,195,565.90.
"I'm still in shock!" said the 42-year-old sales rep as he collected his big cheque at the OLG Prize Centre in Toronto.
Michael says he checked his ticket while out shopping.
"I saw a bunch of zeros and thought 'I won $10,000.' When I saw my real prize amount on the receipt, I was stunned!"
The married father of two plans to invest in his children's future, pay off the mortgage and take the family on a Disney cruise.
"This win is life-changing for us," Michael said.
The winning ticket was purchased at Market on Highway 401 West in Ingersoll.
- LATEST: Ontario up to 3,630 confirmed cases, with 147 in Hamilton
- City of Hamilton transitioning seven retirement home residents to hospitals
- 'It's like a bad movie,' says Hamilton mayor of provincial COVID-19 modelling
- 5 incredible pictures from Hamilton's past
- Province issues another emergency alert in response to COVID-19