Lotto win makes Hamilton man a millionaire
A Hamilton man is a millionaire after winning big in the lottery.
Billy Pace, of Dundas, can realize his dreams after winning a $1,000,000 Maxmillions prize in the December 31, 2019 Lotto Max draw.
The 67-year old married father of two checked his ticket on the OLG Lottery App.
"I was shocked to see the amount. At first, I thought I won $1,000," Pace said, while at the OLG Prize Centre in Toronto to pick up his cheque.
Pace, a salesperson, plans to save for retirement and share with his daughters.
"Winning feels fantastic," Pace said.
The winning ticket was purchased at Hasty Market on Barton Street in Hamilton.
- Ontario to introduce bill to extend some emergency measures over the next year
- Hamilton family-run business poised for growth even amid global pandemic
- Paying for parking in Hamilton just got easier (and more expensive!)
- Fatal Mount Hope crash a result of speed and impairment: Hamilton Police
- Ontario to end streaming in Grade 9, early years suspensions