Locke St will be closed for seven Saturdays for pedestrians and street dining
Locke Street Shops announced “Seven Saturdays on Locke” will launch Aug 1 and run through Sept 12, 2020.
The street will be closed to traffic every Saturday for seven weeks from 9 a.m. to 11 p.m. between Hunter and Stanley St, enabling participating restaurants and shops to move their services to the road.
Parking will be available behind Starbucks and Goodness Me. Parking will be free at Melrose United Church and Blessings Church.
The following streets will be converted to two-way during the festivities: Hunter, Bold, Pine, Reginald, Alexander, and Chatham.
Masks will be mandatory in publically enclosed areas and social distancing measures will be in effect amid the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Hamilton truck driver wins big on $1 lotto ticket
- Police looking for missing 10 year old girl in Hamilton
- Road closure to take effect for two weeks due to ongoing construction in Hamilton
- Shooting victim not cooperating with investigation, Hamilton Police say
- Hamilton man pronounced dead after overnight motorcycle crash