Loblaw stores reintroducing certain services
Now that the Province has permitted certain businesses to reopen, several companies part of Loblaw Companies Limited, including Loblaws, Shoppers Drug Mart, Real Canadian Superstore will begin reintroducing certain services.
"It is good to see governments at all levels are able to steadily loosen emergency measures. As that happens, we are also making adjustments in our stores," Galen Weston, executive chairman of Loblaw Companies Limited, said in an open letter.
"So, I wanted to make sure I shared those with you directly. In the coming days and weeks, you'll start to see several positive changes," he continued.
Starting soon, Loblaws and Real Canadian Superstore will begin reopening service counters in their meat, seafood, and bakery departments.
Additionally, Shoppers Drug Mart locations will begin reopening beauty departments.
Further, President's Choice Financial pavilions and Mobile Shops will begin reopening, as will next-day pick-up at PC Express--including the reintroduction of fees for some of the most popular slots
Moreover, all stores will be returning to their regular store hours, accepting product returns, and selling lottery tickets.
"We continue to maintain our absolute commitment to the health and safety of our colleagues and customers. So, these expanded services will come back slowly and carefully one store at a time, with added procedures to properly protect everyone," Weston said.
"As the curve continues to flatten across the country, we'll make further changes and share them with you as we go," he added.
Cover photo courtesy of Loblaws Ontario’s Instagram
- Another major downtown Hamilton street to be converted to two-way
- Hamilton Police searching for man wanted in break and enters
- LATEST: Hamilton waterfalls continue to attract crowds as city's death toll climbs to 36
- Quebec says 41 students and staff tested positive for COVID-19 since reopening
- Hamilton woman facing fraud charges in connection to Lincoln long-term care home
- Loblaws and Shoppers Drug Mart reducing store hours in response to COVID-19
- Health care workers to get priority access to Loblaws stores
- Loblaws recalling President's Choice coleslaw
- Province announces dates for more Ontario businesses to begin reopening
- Loblaw profit and sales up as customers stockpiled supplies