Life-threatening injuries reported after Hamilton man struck by vehicle
Police are investigating a serious collision in Hamilton today (Sunday, August 9).
Shortly after 12:30 p.m. this afternoon, a large delivery vehicle was travelling eastbound on York Boulevard from Bay Street North.
At that time, a 58 year old Hamilton man entered into the vehicle’s path and was struck, causing serious injuries to his chest and abdomen.
“The pedestrian was taken to hospital with life-threatening injuries,” police said.
The driver of the vehicle, a 53 year old man from Scarborough, remained at the scene and is reportedly cooperating with police.
Police, who believe speed and alcohol are not factors in this collision, have said the driver will not be charged.
The investigation into this incident is ongoing.
Anyone with information that might assist the investigation is asked to contact the Collision Reconstruction Unit at 905-546-4753 or 905-546-4755.
- 'I never won anything big before': Hamilton man wins top prize in OLG's Lottario draw
- Province places new restrictions on bars and restaurants, closes all strip clubs
- Mohawk College in Hamilton confirms first COVID-19 case
- Hamilton homicide victim identified; boyfriend charged with murder
- Here’s what’s coming to Netflix Canada in October 2020
- Truck driver will not face charges in relation to fatal collision: Hamilton Police
- Police investigating after man pronounced dead in vehicle collision in Hamilton
- 18-year-old involved in 'life-threatening' collision: Hamilton police
- Speed, drugs contributing factors in fatal motorcycle collision: Hamilton Police
- Man critically injured after vehicle rolls over in Hamilton