Landmark Cinemas reopens Jackson Square theatre today with modified mask regulations
Landmark Cinemas has reopened its Hamilton theatre, located inside Jackson Square.
The company opened nine of its Ontario locations today (July 31).
Moviegoers will be able to choose from a selection of films for a promotional price of $5 ($2 on Tuesdays), including Dead Pool, Jurassic Park, Trolls: World Tour, Jaws, Dirty Dancing, Goonies, Harry Potter & The Sorcerer’s Stone, and Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring.
The City of Hamilton has a mandatory face mask policy in place while indoors, however, Landmark Cinemas says patrons can remove their masks once seated in the auditoriums.
To comply with Ontario’s COVID-19 guidelines, available seating will permit physical distancing to a maximum of 50 people per auditorium. There will also be a reduction in showtimes and an increase in the time between showtimes to eliminate congestion in the lobby areas
Among the other protocols in place by Landmark Cinemas:
- Requesting moviegoers arrive no sooner than 15 minutes prior to their movie’s showtime
- Providing concession queue lines with floor markers for distancing within each lane
- Requiring moviegoers to follow the instructions of the Landmark Cast member or directional signage and exit by row to ensure proper physical distancing. Alternative exit paths will be used wherever possible to minimize overlap with arriving guests.
- Requiring that family members or cohorts as permitted by provincial health authorities seat themselves within the block of adjoining seats.
Landmark added that auditoriums, seating surfaces, washrooms, and common areas will be disinfected with Vital Oxide: an odourless chemical approved by Health Canada for use against SARS-CoV-2, the Coronavirus that causes COVID-19.
- Hamilton truck driver wins big on $1 lotto ticket
- Police looking for missing 10 year old girl in Hamilton
- Road closure to take effect for two weeks due to ongoing construction in Hamilton
- Severe thunderstorm warning issued for Hamilton
- Shooting victim not cooperating with investigation, Hamilton Police say
- Cineplex reopening a movie theatre in Hamilton
- Cineplex to stick with optional face masks policy, as U.S. theatres reconsider
- Most Hamiltonians adhere to physical distancing bylaw, but how much does it cost if you don't?
- No mask, no service: City of Hamilton moving toward mandatory face coverings
- Hamilton Police seek help in identifying man found dead on Jackson Square roof