Popular Pizza Place Closes Down and Here's What's Coming in Hamilton
Knead Pizza has been a staple in Hamilton, and on James Street North, for years now. So, some Hamiltonians may be sad to read that Knead is closing its doors. However, as the saying goes … when one door closes, another one opens.
Back in August, it was announced via Facebook that Rise Above Restaurant & Bakery, an all-vegan restaurant and bakery based in St. Catharines, would be opening a location in Hamilton and replacing Knead.
This will be the establishment’s second location, however, the concept of the Hamilton restaurant will be different than the resto in St. Catharines.
The Hamilton location will be called ‘Rise Above Pizza & Wings’, and, “Will be our modernized and veganized take on a classic pizzeria,” reads a Facebook post from the restaurant.
There will be eat-in, take-out, and delivery options.
And for those who choose to dine in, there will also be a licensed bar with pinball, and arcade games.
Future customers can also look forward to the restaurant’s famous seitan wings.
No exact opening date has been confirmed, however, according to a Facebook post, the restaurant is hoping to open around mid to late September.
Will you be heading to Rise Above Pizza & Wings when it opens on James Street North?
- LATEST: Ontario up to 3,630 confirmed cases, with 147 in Hamilton
- City of Hamilton transitioning seven retirement home residents to hospitals
- 'It's like a bad movie,' says Hamilton mayor of provincial COVID-19 modelling
- 5 incredible pictures from Hamilton's past
- Province issues another emergency alert in response to COVID-19
- Hamilton's very first vegan pizzeria to celebrate grand opening
- Another historic Hamilton restaurant is closing for good
- Beloved American breakfast restaurant could open location in Hamilton soon
- Popular Hamilton shop closes James Street location
- Hamilton restaurant among Canada's top 100 restaurants in 2019