Hamilton woman killed in Binbrook car crash, police appeal for witnesses
A Hamilton senior was killed in a two-car collision Thursday (May 22) evening in Binbrook.
Hamilton Police say shortly before 6:00 p.m., two motor vehicles were involved in a collision at the intersection of Highway 56 and Hall Road in Hamilton.
A 72-year-old Hamilton man was driving a 2002 Honda Accord northbound on Highway 56 approaching Hall Road.
At the same time, a 2011 GMC Sierra driven by a 40-year-old Hamilton man crossed Highway 56 in an eastbound direction from Hall Road when it was struck on its passenger side by the Honda, police say.
The occupants of the GMC vehicle were unharmed and the Honda driver was transported to the hospital with minor injuries.
A 72-year-old Hamilton woman who was a passenger in the Honda was injured during the collision. She was transported to the Hospital by EMS but succumbed to her injuries in the hospital.
The Collision Reconstruction Unit continues to investigate this collision. At this time investigators have ruled out impairment and speed. The driver of the GMC vehicle has been charged, though the nature of the charges has not been disclosed.
Police are not releasing any names at this time.
Investigators are asking for witnesses who have not yet spoken to police to call (905) 546-4753 or (905) 546-4755.
To provide information anonymously call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477 or submit your anonymous tips online at http://www.crimestoppershamilton.com.
- Another major downtown Hamilton street to be converted to two-way
- Hamilton Police searching for man wanted in break and enters
- LATEST: Hamilton waterfalls continue to attract crowds as city's death toll climbs to 36
- Quebec says 41 students and staff tested positive for COVID-19 since reopening
- Hamilton woman facing fraud charges in connection to Lincoln long-term care home
- Binbrook man killed in single-car collision over the weekend
- Police investigate crash that killed 25-year-old Hamilton man over the weekend
- Young woman killed in ATV crash in Flamborough
- Hamilton Police Appeal to Accident Witnesses to Come Forward
- Police investigate Hamilton's 7th driver fatality of 2019