Hamilton will need to bundle up this weekend as temperatures drop
Those heading out for some festive events across the city Friday evening will need to bundle up as temperatures drop and blustery conditions are expected.
Throughout the day Friday, temperatures will drop to about -8 degrees by the evening which will feel more like -16 with the windchill.
The weather network predicts that as an Arctic front rolls in, winds will pick up in some areas in Ontario.
"An Arctic front drifting south through Friday will bring bursts of snow across the region before allowing icy temperatures to return for the weekend," the weather network says.
Hamilton can expect gusts of up to 40km/h or more.
As winds shift to the east on Saturday morning, some lake-effect snow could also develop across parts of the Golden Horseshoe, including in Hamilton, through Saturday afternoon.
As we move into the weekend, there's a chance of flurries throughout the day Saturday and temperatures will remain rather frigid at -14 in the morning, warming up slightly to -8 and -10 Saturday afternoon and evening, respectively.
Sunday will offer more of the same temperatures but less chance of flurries and less windy conditions.
Don't worry, though, relief is on the way later next week as temperatures return to above 0. According to The Weather Network, we’ll see temperatures hit 5 degrees on Wednesday and Thursday.
Whether you're heading out to catch the arrival of Santa on Saturday or you're cheering on our Cats Sunday, bundle up it's going to be frosty!
- Ontario to end streaming in Grade 9, early years suspensions
- Fatal Mount Hope crash a result of speed and impairment: Hamilton Police
- Trudeau takes a pass on meeting this week with Trump, Lopez Obrador
- Hamilton-raised theatre star Nick Cordero dies at 41 after months of complications from COVID-19
- Hamilton family-run business poised for growth even amid global pandemic
- Cold temperatures and snow in the forecast for Hamilton this weekend
- Temperatures climbing to 11 degrees this weekend in Hamilton
- Looming cold front will bring an end to scorching hot temperatures in Hamilton
- Snow and frigid temperatures in the forecast for Hamilton
- Warm temperatures coming to Hamilton this weekend