Hamilton welder wins $1 M lotto prize
A Hamilton welder is the city's newest millionaire.
Walt James of Hamilton won the Guaranteed $1 Million Prize in the December 18, 2019 LOTTO 6/49 draw.
This is the first major win for James, a 65-year old welder.
"I took it to the store, the cashier checked my ticket and said 'Congratulations, you've won a million dollars!'" he said while collecting his cheque from OLG Prize Centre in Toronto.
"I was speechless."
James says he plans to pay his bills and to buy a car and house.
"This is wonderful. It's a very happy moment," he said.
The winning ticket was purchased at Hasty Market on Barton Street in Hamilton.
- Police searching for suspect of attempted murder at park in Hamilton
- Hamilton man wins massive lotto cash prize
- Hamilton residents asked to cut back on outdoor water use
- Hamilton man to use lotto winnings to honour late wife
- UPDATE: Hamilton Police seek public's help in locating missing 15-year-old girl