Hamilton traffic stop leads to five men facing drugs, weapons charges
Five men face a litany of criminal charges after Hamilton Police conducted a traffic stop this week and found cash, drugs and weapons.
On Thursday, November 28, 2019, shortly before 11: 00 p.m., Hamilton police officers stopped a Mazda 3 sedan that was believed to be involved in criminal activity.
The driver and owner of the car, it turns out, was a suspended driver, police said.
During the traffic stop, drugs and paraphernalia were observed by police in plain view.
All five men, who were occupants of the car, were subsequently arrested, police say.
Further investigation revealed the presence of additional drugs, multiple cellphones, cash and a loaded firearm.
The five men were taken into custody and are scheduled to appear at the John Sopinka Courthouse Fridya to answer to several criminal charges.
Evidence collected at the scene was seized for court proceedings. The following is what officers seized:
- Cellphones X 5
- Canadian currency approximately $3,800
- Cocaine - undisclosed amount
- Fentanyl - undisclosed amount
- Heroin - undisclosed amount
- Xanax - undisclosed amount
- Ruger P85 Handgun
- Burlington man, 28-years-of age
- Hamilton man, 22-years-of-age
- Male of no fixed address, 20-years-of-age
- Male of no fixed address, 18-years-of-age
- Male of no fixed address, 32-years-of-age
All of the men are charged with the following:
- Firearm-related offences X5
- Possession for the purpose of trafficking - Fentanyl
- Possession for the purpose of trafficking - Heroin
- Possession for the purpose of trafficking - Cocaine
- Possession for the purpose of trafficking - Xanax
- Possession proceeds of crime
The Hamilton man also faces additional charges in relation to breach of probation and, weapons-related charges. The 32-year-old man also faces weapons charges.
If you have anyone with information is asked to contact 905-546-2907.
To provide information anonymously call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477 or submit anonymous tips online at http://www.crimestoppershamilton.com.
- Arrest made in "random killing" of 79 year old Hamilton woman: Police
- Police identify suspect in murder of 79 year old Hamilton woman
- Two new COVID-19 outbreaks declared in Hamilton over the weekend
- Tow truck driver charged with stunt driving in Hamilton
- McMaster University says all classes for Fall 2020 term to be online
- Two men face drugs, weapons charges in two separate incidents in East Hamilton
- Two men face drugs, weapons charges after Downtown Hamilton traffic stop
- 19-year-old arrested; fentanyl, heroin, and loaded gun seized after traffic stop: Hamilton Police
- Hamilton police arrest two men for drug trafficking following traffic stop
- Bad driving leads to traffic stop and drug charges for two Hamilton men